Upon selection of a specific service, the user is prompted to fill in 3 extra fields in a region...
SHOW the "hidden" region upon change of a value
Change template to hide a region by default - create Dynamic Action (DA) to unhide
As APEX does not dispose of a region, which is hidden by default, we have to "hide" a region first by changing the Region Template.
Thanks to Matt Mulvaney, who figured that out in his blog (also for buttons and labels).
Step 1: Change Template
In the Template section we have to add style=”display: none;” just before the last right-chevron character (>) on the first line.
I added the style=”display: none;” to look as follows:
Step 2: Apply region template
We select the region on our page and apply this new template: "Form region start Hidden"
Step 3: Create a Dynamic Action
1. select the region to show (or un-hide...) containing the fields
2. in the left panel right click on the region and select "Create Dynamic Action"
3. select the properties in the right panel.... my case:
As you can see, when values 7 or 101 are entered in the item/field the DA shall fire....
4. Go back to left panel and select the DA - right click and "Create TRUE action"
This having achieved, we have to create the "Hide" action, to hide the region again, when a different value is selected:
5. In the left panel select DA again and right mouse click on it and select:
"Create Opposite action"
That's it. I think it is a cool and useful feature. Have fun !!!